Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Big TWO-ONE

I am now officially 21 years old.

4th April 2010.

In Cantonese, its pronounced sei-yat-sei-ho-yi-ling-yat-ling
Most Chinese people believe that the number 4 is an unlucky number...
(That's why some lifts have 3rd floor then 3A instead of 4th floor)
But I have double 4s...do they cancel out each other? (I hope!)

According to Wikipedia, this means I am at the age of majority where I can legally:-

  1. purchase/consume alcohol
  2. marry without consent/elope (hope not!)
  3. enter into binding contract (in my favor!)
  4. vote (worthless as none are worth voting for)
  5. buy stocks/bonds (any sponsors?)
  6. and many more...

Hmmm.....
21 years of life...
I wonder if I've lived it well...
There a million ways on the Internet telling you if you have lived your life to the fullest...
But do any of those ways fit me?

Instead of trying a million ways,
I think I shall happily go on living a life of blissful semi-ignorance...
And deal with any hardships and pain as I encounter them...

Happy 21st Birthday to me.

No comments: